What is civil engineering?
Civil engineering as a broad category covers all engineering of the built and natural environment – the roads, systems, and structures that make up our civilization. It is the second-oldest engineering discipline and includes both public/municipal and private industry projects, with the ‘civil’ distinction simply differentiating it from the oldest engineering discipline: military engineering.
Civil and site engineering at St.Germain
The professional engineers at St.Germain focus primarily on the design and permitting of land development projects, commercial and residential subdivisions, affordable housing projects, solid waste transfer and processing stations, bulk petroleum and propane storage facilities, and gravel pits. Regardless of the project type, our objective is always to meet the design and regulatory requirements and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our engineering services include:
- Conceptual planning
- Site/civil engineering
- Site development feasibility assessments
- Roadway design
- Utility planning and design
- Infrastructure design
- Site grading plans
- Stormwater engineering and management plans (pre- and post-development)
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control planning and design
- Local, state, and federal permitting
- SLODA applications
- Municipal planning board applications
- Planning board presentations
- Stream crossing design and permitting
- Construction services
- Coordination of geotechnical, survey, wetland mapping, and transportation services