St.Germain has an immediate opening for a Senior Geologist. The successful candidate will be integral in meeting a growing demand from existing clients for a wide range of environmental consulting services. This is an excellent opportunity to step into a leadership position with a great company well-positioned to advance and expand business in the environmental consulting arena.
We are looking for a proven leader in the industry who has the ability to be a technical lead for environmental investigations and monitoring. The individual in this position will demonstrate a high degree of initiative, the ability to look at the big picture with respect to serving in our clients’ best interests efficiently and cost-effectively, and the ability to coach and mentor to assist with the growth and development of environmental professionals in our firm. This person will enjoy the diversity of clients and projects, embracing our firm’s culture to promote environmental compliance and protection of the environment and employee safety standards.
This position is for someone who is up for challenges and interested in growing their career within a successful, high quality, safety-conscious, socially responsible, and established company.
• BS or MS degree(s) in science or engineering.
• At least 10 years of experience in environmental consulting and strong technical knowledge is preferred, with demonstrated project management experience.
• State of Maine Licensed Geologist. Ability to also obtain State of New Hampshire Professional Geologist licensure preferred.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to apply critical- and creative-thinking skills in problem solving.
• Team player, action-oriented, with a positive, can-do attitude, and strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Understand the intent and application of a diverse set of environmental-related state and federal regulations, and the ability to effectively educate our clients specific to their regulatory obligations and compliance.
• Strong/advanced computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Routine travel using a personal vehicle (mileage is reimbursed) primarily within New England.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License
• Efficient and effective management of key clients and projects.
• Lead and build internal resources that can provide a wide spectrum of environmental and related services to our current and future clients including energy, waste management, lending, land development, Brownfields, water supply, aggregate, manufacturing, and other industry sectors.
• Provide technical expertise and review for environmental assessment, monitoring, and investigation projects.
• Maintain, grow and develop new client relationships.
• Active participation in trade associations relevant to our business, including committee and Board positions within industry-related organizations.
• Develop new business opportunities.
• Maintain and expand company network of private and public sector environmental professionals.
• Be part of our senior project management team, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
o Overseeing and mentoring staff scientists and engineers;
o Developing budgets and proposals;
o Participating in the hiring of new employees;
o Working with other Senior PMs to manage day-to-day company operations;
o Implementing company strategic growth plans.
Work in a friendly, high paced environment with high expectations and high returns for the successful candidate. Our generous benefits package includes a flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and employer-paid educational opportunities.
Full-time employees receive these benefits:
• Flexible Schedule
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off (Personal/Vacation/Sick Pay)
• Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Health Insurance with Health Savings Account
• Dental Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Retirement Plan with Company Match
• AAA Membership
• Education and Training
• Profitability Bonus Structure
At St.Germain, we don’t just accept diversity, we thrive on it. All personnel decisions are based upon qualifications, performance, and business needs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com