St. Germain has an immediate opening for an Environmental Scientist to support our environmental due diligence staff.
Typical functions of the position will include site inspections, research, report writing, environmental sampling/testing, field support, data entry, and contributing to the team by offering support as needed.
This is a full-time position with a company that retains and rewards the extremely talented and capable people who help build our business.
- 1-3 years experience in the environmental consulting field with a focus on environmental due diligence.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree, preferably in environmental science or geoscience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in current versions of MS Office.
- Strong technical writing, organizational ability, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Action-oriented, and strong inter-personal skills.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Physical demands: While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is often required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk (at times over uneven surfaces), reach with arms and hands, and to stoop or kneel. Protective equipment and/or clothing may be occasionally required. Some travel may be necessary.
- Starting salary $24/hr.-$26/hr.
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off (Personal/Sick/Vacation Pay)
- Health Insurance with Health Savings Account Option
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Simple IRA with Company Match
- Profitability Bonus Structure
- AAA Membership
- Education and Training
- Flexible Schedule
St.Germain is an interdisciplinary workplace where seasoned scientists, engineers, and other specialists are constantly collaborating to be sure our clients are covered from every angle.
Our services cover three basic disciplines: Environmental Investigation and Remediation, Land Development & Civil Engineering, and Environmental Health & Safety Compliance; and we offer these services to large and small commercial and industrial facilities, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, trade associations, and local, state and federal governments.
St.Germain is not your typical workplace. Our benefits package includes competitive pay, generous bonuses; and we offer a relaxed office environment and a flexible work schedule, so our employees get the time they need to spend with their friends and families. Our Principals built this company from the ground up and have attracted, retained, and rewarded the extremely talented and capable people who continue to build our business today.
When we say we offer continuous personal attention and exceptional accountability and service to our clients, we mean it. Our employees must honor this commitment of outstanding service. This isn’t a workplace where you can sit back and collect a paycheck. But it is a place where you can work hand-in-hand with senior leaders and support team members, be part of a community that cares about you, and be rewarded for your efforts.
To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
Hiring Manager, St.Germain
846 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092