St.Germain has an immediate opening for a Senior Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Project Management professional. The successful candidate will be integral in meeting a growing demand from existing clients for a wide range of EHS consulting services. This is an excellent opportunity to step into a leadership position with a great company well-positioned to advance and expand business in the EHS consulting arena.
We are looking for a proven leader in the industry who has a comprehensive understanding of state and federal EHS regulations. The individual in this position will demonstrate a high degree of initiative, the ability to look at the big picture with respect to serving in our clients’ best interests, efficiently and cost-effectively, strong team management skills, and the ability to coach and mentor to assist the growth and development of EHS professionals in our firm. This person will enjoy the diversity of clients and projects, embracing our firm’s culture to promote EHS compliance and protection of the environment and employee safety standards.
This is a big job for someone who is up to the challenge and interested in growing their career within a successful, high quality and safety-conscious, socially responsible, and established company.
- BS or MS degree(s) in science or engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in EHS consulting is preferred, with demonstrated project management experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to apply critical- and creative-thinking skills in problem solving.
- Team player, action-oriented, with a positive, can-do attitude, and strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Understand the intent and application of a diverse set of EHS-related state and federal regulations, and the ability to effectively educate our clients specific to their regulatory obligations and compliance.
- Strong/advanced computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Routine travel using a personal vehicle (mileage is reimbursed) primarily within New England.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Efficient and effective management of key clients and projects.
- Lead and build internal resources that can provide a wide spectrum of EHS and related services to our current and future clients including energy, waste management, a diverse array of manufacturing, and other industry sectors.
- Maintain, oversee, and develop services for existing clients, including:
- Identify and evaluate the status of a client’s EHS compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and implement client-specific EHS compliance programs and tracking systems promoting and using St.Germain’s Sentry EHS™ cloud-based software system.
- Manage internal resources for researching and preparing detailed regulatory reports (Tier II, Form R, MAIRIS, etc.) and plans (SPCC, SWPPP, etc.).
- Provide and expand mid-to-high level, onsite EHS support services for various clients (i.e. oversee staff outsourcing at client facilities to ensure EHS compliance).
- Maintain and grow existing client relationships and develop new client relationships.
- Active participation in trade associations relevant to our business, including committee and Board positions within industry-related organizations.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Maintain and expand company network of private and public sector EHS professionals.
- Be part of our senior project management team, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Oversee and mentor staff scientists;
- Manage staff workload;
- Develop budgets and proposals;
- Review financials and project profitability;
- Participate in the hiring of new employees;
- Work with other Senior PMs to manage day-to-day company operations; and
- Implement company strategic growth plans.
This is not your typical workplace. We expect a lot from our team, and we give back what we get. Our generous benefits package includes a flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and employer-paid educational opportunities.
Full-time employees receive these benefits:
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (Personal/Vacation/Sick Pay)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Health Insurance with Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- AAA Membership
- Education and Training
- Profitability Bonus Structure
At St.Germain, we don’t just accept diversity, we thrive on it. All personnel decisions are based upon qualifications, performance, and business needs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com