St.Germain is a Maine-based, locally owned firm based in Westbrook, Maine, and we are growing! We are seeking a motivated, self-starting Civil Engineer dedicated to providing quality design and consulting services. St.Germain has been in business for almost 30 years and has become a leader in innovative projects that have led our clients to use our services again and again. Our team is hard-working, outgoing, and we seek the same in you!
St.Germain is a multi-discipline firm, with service areas in engineering, environmental consulting, and health and safety. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of solid waste, energy, commercial and senior housing projects, that include site design, permitting, project management, and much more.
The Civil Engineer’s specific responsibilities may include:
- Scheduling and coordinating various phases of engineering work;
- Stormwater modeling, best management practice (BMP) design, and utility layout;
- Site design and drafting using AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Preparing technical design specifications;
- Contractor and construction site oversight; and
- Preparing technical documents, presentations, and reports.
The successful candidate will have, a minimum of:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer certification;
- 10+ years of experience designing and permitting commercial development projects;
- Ability to draft and design simple to moderately complex projects with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and HydroCAD;
- Technical experience in the design of stormwater best management practices and erosion and sedimentation control plans;
- Valid US driver’s license; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Full-time employees receive generous benefits, such as a flexible schedule, PTO, health insurance with an HSA, long term disability insurance, and a retirement plan with company match.
At St.Germain, we don’t just accept diversity, we thrive on it. All personnel decisions are based upon qualifications, performance, and business need. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate.
To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
Hiring Manager, St.Germain
846 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092