St.Germain is a place where scientists, engineers, regulatory specialists and others are constantly collaborating to be sure our clients are covered from every angle.
This company was built from the ground up and has attracted, retained and rewarded the extremely talented and capable people who continue to build our business today.
This is not your typical workplace. With us, what you see is what you get. We expect a lot from our team, and we give back what we get. Our benefits package includes a flexible work schedule, competitive pay and employer-paid educational opportunities.
Full-time employees receive these generous benefits:
- ► Flexible Schedule
- ► Paid Holidays
- ► Paid Time Off (Personal/Vacation/Sick Pay)
- ► Health Insurance with Health Savings Account
- ► Long Term Disability Insurance
- ► Retirement Plan with Company Match
- ► AAA Membership
- ► Education and Training
- ► Profitability Bonus Structure
St.Germain has several employee gatherings throughout the year, and once a year closes the office to spend an entire day volunteering together – clearing trails or helping a local not-for-profit.
Currently, we have the following job opening in our Westbrook, Maine office:
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
St.Germain has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist to join our team.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain additional experience in the field of environmental, health and safety while working with experienced EHS professionals and clients in industry settings. There is room for advancement within the team and company.
We are seeking an individual who is familiar with a broad range of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements. Tasks may include: routine reporting; facility-specific plans; permitting and licensing; compliance assessments; onsite outsourcing; and other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- • EPCRA Tier II and Form R reporting
- • CAA Air emissions inventory reporting
- • Oil SPCC and SWPPP plans and reports
- • CWA wastewater and stormwater permitting and monitoring
- • Solid waste reporting
- • Compliance tracking systems
- • OSHA employee safety programs and training
The EHS Specialist will work with Project Managers to provide clients with technical EHS support; and will work at client facilities performing tasks as directed by the client. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to ensure effective communication between the EHS Specialist, Project Manager and client. The individual in this position must have a high degree of integrity, resourcefulness, and professionalism in working with colleagues and clients. Relationship building, client service, and the ability to follow up in a timely manner are critical for success.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is often required to:
- • Sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk (at times over uneven surfaces), reach with arms and hands, and to stoop or kneel;
- • Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or clothing (e.g. steel-toed boots) is routinely required;
- • Lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds at times; and
- • Work in environments ranging from office to industrial indoor settings, to outdoors in all weather conditions and terrain.
- • 1-3 years of experience in EHS or related environment
- • Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences or other science related field
- • Strong computer skills including proficiency in current versions of MS Office
- • Strong technical writing, organizational, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- • Self-motivated, action-oriented, and strong interpersonal skills
- • Quality and attention to detail is extremely important
- • Valid US Driver’s License
To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
846 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092
or email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com